1. How can I donate to the Akal Aid?
For your convenience we have several ways in which you can provide financial support to the Akal Aid.
Please note: Akal Aid website processes credit card donations in US dollars only. Donors should indicate the amount of the desired donation in US dollars and the currency conversion will be processed through the donor’s credit card company.
2. How can I opt out of receiving Red Cross mailings or calls?
Please contact Akal Aid
3. How long will it take to receive a receipt for a donation?
Receipts for mail or phone donations are usually sent within 3 weeks of when the Akal Aid receives your gift. For an online donation, an e-receipt is sent within minutes of the successful transaction.
If you did not receive a receipt for a financial gift you've made, please contact Donor Services by calling 1-855-AkalAid.
4. I live outside the U.S. Can I still make a donation?
Yes ! Donors from outside the U.S. can make a gift as long as their credit card is supported by a U.S. based card company. Our online donation system is designed to protect donor security and privacy, and prevent fraudulent use. If your credit card is not U.S. based, you can still mail in your gift by check.
5. Will international donors receive tax credit for a donation to the Akal Aid ?
The Akal Aid cannot offer tax advice. If you are an international donor, please contact your tax advisor since the answer is dependent upon the country and personal situation in each case.
6. Who can I contact if I see or hear people misusing the Akal Aid name or logo as part of a scam?
During disasters, if you see or hear about any instances of people misusing the Akal Aid name or logo to collect funds on behalf of any victims, or any other types of disaster-related fraud, please call the Akal Aid. All calls and emails will be treated as confidential.
7. Is my donation secure ?
Yes ! All the donation are secure.